Veterinary Clinic Careers
Seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Black Forest Veterinary Clinic has been part of the Black Forest community since 1982. We are a well-established, full service small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local practices when special diagnostic procedures are required.
For more information, please visit our website at www.blackforestvetclinic.com.
About the Hospital
- Open Monday – Saturday, no emergency or on-call
- Surgery Suite
- Diagnostic In-House Laboratory
- Pain Management
- Prescription Diets
- Digital Radiology
- Benefits package includes: health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, vacation and CE allowance
Black Forest is a beautiful community just 10 miles north of Colorado Springs, the second largest city in Colorado. We have a small town neighborly feel with many amenities nearby. We are a short drive from Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and major ski resorts. This is the perfect environment for the outdoor lover and explorer.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in CO
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. Please apply at www.nvaonline.com